Many people who are planning on selling their home are primarily concerned with getting the best price, which may mean fixing up the home or doing renovations. However, there isn’t just one way to increase the value of your home, there are several!
Here’s a list of the top ways you can increase the value of your home:
1. Re-doing the kitchen, while one of the most expensive ways to increase a home’s value, provides one of the highest return on investment potential of any other renovation. However, if you are going to renovate your kitchen, hiring a designer is a wise move because a poorly renovated kitchen can mean a lot of wasted time and money.
2. Think about what everyone likes, and not just what you like. You need to have a sense of timeless design during any remodel that’s meant to help your home sell, which means choosing fixtures and decor that will appeal to most people.
3. Open concept homes are highly sought after, and while knocking down a wall may seem like a daunting task, it’s one of the easier ways to change the layout of a home. Just make sure you have some professional assistance.
4. You don’t need to overspend to increase the value of your home. If you’re on a budget, a clean-looking and modern home is the best way to go. You can increase the value of a home with just new paint and fresh fixtures.
5. Make your home solid. If there’s only so much room in your budget, use that money to help build a solid home that can be remodelled later. While many home buyers are willing to make some adjustments here and there, very few want a complete fixer-upper that needs new plumbing or wiring. If you need to, consider using your budget for this instead of decorating.
What’s the best advice you have for someone who wants to sell a home?
This site is owned & operated by: Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd Johnston & Daniel Division,477 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 2L9, 416.489.2121. The content is provided by a number of sources as referenced in the contribution list.